Please Note: Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for employment at 1st Security Bank of Washington. Accommodations for sincerely held religious beliefs or medical conditions contraindicating the vaccination may be requested. Requests for required forms should be directed to the HR Department.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND BANK
Join our team! 1st Security Bank team members deliver service that "WOWs" our customers and each other. We value relationships, teamwork, community, and professional growth in a safe, friendly, and progressive workplace. We celebrate diversity and support equality for all. If you share these core values and are committed to career excellence, let us help you reach your dreams!
1st Security Bank is looking to find a dynamic and leadership oriented individual to fill our Retail Skills and Development Manager position at our Lacey Admin building! If you are the type of individual that would enjoy working at one of the Puget Sound's Best Places to Work and focuses on providing an exceptional client experience, then 1st Security Bank is the place for you. 1st Security Bank was named a bronze medal winner in its class in the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Workplaces contest in its first year nominated and is also consistently rated a 5 star Bank in Washington State by Bauer Financial, an independent bank rating firm.
Responsible for creating and delivering a wide range of training, development and coaching programs for Retail including branch, departments within the retail channel, and position specific needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensures retail team members are trained on their basic job duties to achieve a balance of optimum productivity and customer service expectations are met and exceeded.
- Active participant in onboarding new employees for a WOW experience. Set training expectations and provide employees with agendas and be proactive with employee follow through.
- Collaborate with retail managers, department managers and assistant managers to make sure that employees are trained and developed according to their job description and goals and metrics are being achieved.
- Ability to work 1:1 with individual employees on their career advancement.
- Respond to requests and training needs quickly and accurately to ensure a timely resolve.
- Research and designs industry relevant training and certification materials including workbooks, job aids and reference tools.
- Presents and facilitates learning materials and programs in a professional, innovative, creative, and engaging manner.
- Review and edit training content for consistency and design and identify opportunities for updates.
- Report training data and trends to assess the effectiveness of training programs and identify any opportunities for improvement and make a recommendation.
- Classroom management including pre-class preparation, post class debrief; coach and deliver feedback to participants.
- Follow up with attendees on the effectiveness of the training.
- Coordinating training which includes booking rooms for training and non-department trainers, coordinating with IT and Facilities to maintain/update training room issues.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, which includes the ability to adapt the style to address the needs of the individual receiving the information.
- Proficient with word, excel and power point for demonstrations and delivery content, tools, and examples.
- Ability to identify weaknesses in current bank processes to improve operational efficiency and the customer experience.
- Quick learner and able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Time management and dependability is essential in this role.
- Self-starter that can work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize job responsibilities as required while maintaining organization.
- Capacity to work with our on-line training system.
- Travel to 1st Security Bank locations to meet training needs.
- Adheres to 1st Security Bank’s Core Values, policies and procedures.
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage for individual or family plan.
- Life insurance.
- Long- and short-term disability insurance.
- 401K matching program.
- Paid sick and vacation time.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Relationship Driven - we strive to "WOW" (surprise, excite and delight) each other and our customers.
- Ethical - fair, honest and act with integrity.
- Lead by Example - maintain a positive attitude, show respect for others, and have some fun!
- Accountable - we take our responsibilities seriously and we meet our commitments with urgency.
- Team Player - dependable, enthusiastic contributor to team success and to the greater good of the bank.
- Embrace Dreams - we encourage each other to reach for our dreams.
- Diversity - we celebrate diversity and support equality for all.
- Community Oriented - we actively support our communities and the Bank's CRA initiatives.
- Open and Honest Communication - always professional, responsive, and timely.