Sr Mental Health Counselor Adult Partial ~ Brookline
Bournewood Health Systems is seeking a bachelor’s level clinician who will be responsible for running psychoeducational groups and managing a milieu of patients at one of our seven Partial Hospital Programs (PHPs).
Bournewood Health Systems is a behavioral health organization with a main campus in Brookline, MA and various satellite sites in Woburn, Lowell, and Dedham. We are dedicated to providing quality, evidence-based and person-centered treatment for people with mental health and substance use conditions in a safe and respectful environment in partnership with the individuals and families we serve, focusing on support, hope and recovery. We are committed to a philosophy and an environment of care in which we treat people with dignity, respect and mutuality; protect their rights; provide the best care possible; support them in returning to their natural communities; and include patients and families as partners in their treatment. We stand firmly for providing a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, families and staff. All Bournewood employees are continuously trained in this philosophy. All candidates must be able and willing to promote the values of trauma-informed and patient-centered care.
- Be responsible for facilitating two psychoeducation groups daily which focus on physical and mental health, coping strategies, relapse prevention, sleep hygiene, healthy eating, and recovery.
- Manage patient milieu of up to 24 patients enrolled in either a mental health or dual diagnosis PHP, discussing individual or group issues and concerns.
- Facilitate clinical care with an interdisciplinary team of professionals including licensed mental health counselors (LMHCs), clinical social workers (LCSWs/LICSWs), physicians, nurses, advanced practice nurses, and psychologists.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various external agency referral sources including Emergency Service Programs (ESPs), hospitals and clinics, detoxification programs, and schools.
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings and committees, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in human services (e.g., psychology, social work, counseling, etc.).
- Applicant must have exceptional communication and problem-solving skills.
- Applicant must be able and willing to lead therapeutic groups, which includes public speaking.
- Applicant must have basic computer, telephone, and copy machine skills.
- Applicant must be able to maintain a calm and respectful demeanor when handling difficult people or situations.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Applicant should have a history of working with patients who have mental illness and/or substance use disorders.
- Applicant should have history of working in an outpatient environment and/or hospital setting.
- Applicant should be familiar with organizational systems in behavioral health organizations.
- Applicant should have a history of working and using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Applicant should have a history of working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Start Date: ASAP
Schedule: Monday through Friday (7am-3pm)
Location: Brookline, MA