BWH Intake Coordinator - Partial Hospital
Bournewood Health Systems is seeking an office coordinator with strong organizational and communication skills who will be responsible for managing referrals and billing for our seven Partial Hospital Programs (PHPs) from a central office location in Brookline, MA.
Bournewood Health Systems is a behavioral health organization with a main campus in Brookline, MA and various satellite sites in Woburn, Lowell, and Dedham. We are dedicated to providing quality, evidence-based and person-centered treatment for people with mental health and substance use conditions in a safe and respectful environment in partnership with the individuals and families we serve, focusing on support, hope and recovery. We are committed to a philosophy and an environment of care in which we treat people with dignity, respect and mutuality; protect their rights; provide the best care possible; support them in returning to their natural communities; and include patients and families as partners in their treatment. We stand firmly for providing a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, families and staff. All Bournewood employees are continuously trained in this philosophy. All candidates must be able and willing to promote the values of trauma-informed and patient-centered care.
- Manage day-to-day referrals and admissions at seven partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) from the main hospital location in Brookline and at satellite locations in Woburn, Lowell, and Dedham.
- Maintain relationships with external and internal referral sources.
- Communicate with various internal departments to coordinate patient care including but not limited to inpatient units, staff at other PHPs, Patient Accounts and Billing Department, and insurance companies, as requested.
- Facilitate clinical care with an interdisciplinary team of professionals including licensed mental health counselors (LMHCs), clinical social workers (LCSWs/LICSWs), physicians, nurses, advanced practice nurses, and psychologists.
- Check insurance eligibility for all enrolled patients daily.
- Provides insurance benefit information and billing codes to Patient Accounts and Billing Department.
- Manages billing and census documentation for all programs.
- Collaborates with staff at associated sober homes to facilitate housing and transportation to and from main hospital location.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various external agency referral sources including Emergency Service Programs (ESPs), hospitals and clinics, detoxification programs, and schools.
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings and committees, as requested.
- Monitor patient satisfaction surveys and identify areas for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicant must have exceptional organizational, communication, and time-management skills.
- Applicant must have basic computer, telephone, and copy machine skills.
- Applicant must be able to maintain a calm and respectful demeanor when handling difficult people or situations.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Applicant should have history of working in an outpatient environment and/or hospital setting.
- Applicant should have some familiarity with mental health billing codes and insurance requirements, or be willing to learn.
- Applicant should have a history of working in an interdisciplinary team.
- Applicant should have a history of working and using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration is preferred.
Start Date: ASAP
Schedule: Monday through Friday (7am-3pm)
Location: Brookline, MA