The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The mission of the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) is to ensure the health of all New York City (NYC) residents by providing quality laboratory testing services which address the needs of the NYC DOHMH and its community partners as they respond to clinical and environmental public health concerns.
This position will serve as a Human Resources Generalist at the PHL and be involved with all human resources activities for the Bureau.
- Provides subject matter and interpretive expertise to all levels of employees on personnel policies and processes of human resources guidelines and procedures, and the Personnel Rules and Regulations of New York and the Agency.
- Serves as primary liaison on human resource activities for PH including being a liaison with HE Central.
- Processes personnel and related actions for PHL in the Agency's and City's personnel systems.
- Collaborate with senior management to ensure human resource initiatives support agency strategies and goals, advises and makes recommendations to Bureau and Division on all human resources related matters.
- Performs related assignments and projects as required.