Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent project management, calendar management, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to interact and engage with diverse Amnesty constituencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to listen and handle confidential matters with diplomacy, tact, and discretion
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience distilling content and preparing materials for presentations
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
Education and Experience
- B.A/B.S. required and 5 years of relevant experience required, including experience working with a Board of Directors and/or a senior management team
- Experience with member organizations and/or international non-profits preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience using different communications platforms and project management tools, such as Slack, Asana, Trello, Teams, and Outlook
- Experience handling confidential matters and an understanding of governance best practices and procedures
- Prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing at a desk and working on a computer
Travel Requirements, Weeknight or Weekend Work
- In-person attendance is required at quarterly Board meetings (typically held in Washington, D.C. and New York City),
- Domestic travel as needed for AIUSA events, as needed
- Board meetings and governance-related events are often during weekends and weeknights.
All applications must be completed online as a PDF document through our application portal, and we do not accept submissions via email. You must complete the entire online application and electronically sign, for an application to be considered “complete.” Due to a high volume of applications only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We currently do not sponsor candidates seeking visa support. To learn more about our benefits please visit our Careers page.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, or if you require accommodations during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review our Frequently-Asked-Questions (FAQ) section for additional information on our hiring process.
OUR EEO STATEMENT
Amnesty International USA is an equal opportunity employer. AIUSA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities, protected veterans, and formerly incarcerated individuals are all strongly encouraged to apply.
We recognize the valuable skills that can be gained through internships, fellowships, volunteer work, and non-traditional work experience. This experience helps build competencies and knowledge that may translate to our job openings. We seek a diversity of experience and skills for our workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our openings.
OUR COMMITMENT AS AN ANTI-RACIST ORGANIZATION AND TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND ACCESSIBILITY (IDEA)
Dismantling white supremacy is central to the fight for human rights in the United States and around the world. As we mobilize staff and activists and work with partners to help transform the multiple systems where oppression operates in the world around us as part of our human rights mandate, anti-racism must be integral to our work. To learn more about how we integrate IDEA into our programs and workplace, visit: https://www.amnestyusa.org/idea/
REMOTE AND HYBRID WORKPLACE POLICY
Because the health and safety of our employees and candidates are a top priority, we are currently conducting our hiring process virtually. Please review the job description, which will state whether a role is hybrid and remote. Some roles may require travel domestically and/or internationally.