The Corporate Relations Team within the Office of Development serves as the core unit in driving deepened engagement and increased revenue for the Child Well-Being Impact Fund from key corporate partners. Its primary objective is to build relationships with corporate partners and individual donors that will result in increased corporate and individual investments for UWGA programs, initiatives, sponsorships and other engagement opportunities. The team is responsible for building relationships with key stakeholders across the corporate landscape with a goal to make United Way their philanthropic partner of choice. The team works closely with external partners, which include donors, volunteers and corporate leaders. Internally the team collaborates across all departments within the organization.
The Director of Corporate Relations is a full-time position responsible for building and strengthening relationships in a small number of our most vital corporate partners. The Director of Corporate Relations will grow relationships with decision-makers and C-suite leaders, demonstrating initiative and development expertise as part of the UWGA team. They will develop, manage, and execute a comprehensive plan to build strategic year-round relationships that align with the mission, vision and values of UWGA and generate revenue that funds our community work. In addition, they are responsible for articulating the power of the donor and corporate investment to United Way. This role will also be responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all donors within their portfolio. This role must possess effective communication and problem-solving skills for a high-volume workload and produce a high level of quality and attention to detail in their work.
This role supports the goals of
- Growing the base of support to United Way, increasing corporate engagement, and building strong relationships with individual donors increasing their involvement with UWGA through investment, volunteer, and service opportunities.
- Increasing awareness and knowledge among prospects, donors and other key stakeholders about the Child Well-Being Movement.
- Work with portfolio of corporations, corporate champions, and internal stakeholders to develop a robust year-round engagement strategy for each account based upon targeted research and CSR focus at each company.
- Strategic engagement of companies year-round through creation and implementation of specific donor/corporate engagement strategies in partnership with Community Engagement, Marketing, and/or Volunteerism.
- Manage a portfolio of 25-50 leadership donors and prospects for cultivation and solicitation
- Prepare clear and concise objectives and materials for each donor visit
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with decision-makers and C-suite leaders
- Solicit and secure corporate gifts in support of UWGA’s Child Well-Being Agenda
- Create a donor engagement strategy targeted at returning, new, lapsing, and lapsed donors.
- Personally, engage with leadership and Tocqueville donors to increase participation and retention
- Promote Salesforce.org Philanthropy Cloud to corporations to gain interest and secure sales demonstrations for the Philanthropy Cloud team
- Strong attention to detail and focus on updating campaign and individual donor information in CRM including, but not limited to, corporate contact(s), employee count, UWGA involvement, company processing information, engagement practices, campaign start/end dates, etc.
- Work closely with Analytics and Insight (data) team and Pledge Processing as necessary to ensure account’s projections and collected funds reported timely and accurate.
- Exceed yearly revenue and metric-driven goals (visits, solicitations, etc.).
- Promote collaboration, recognizing our shared goals, and regularly collaborate with colleagues within and outside of the Office of Development.