Founded in Paris in 2002 by Rose and Jean Charles Carrarini, Rose Bakery’s signature fresh and natural food was brought to the ground floor of Dover Street Market New York in 2013.
The Anglo-French bakery’s menu changes every day to reflect the very best ingredients available. This philosophy has garnered them an international following, two renowned cook books by Phaidon and multiple locations in Paris, London, Tokyo and Seoul. The Café’s commitment to seasonal, healthy and nutritious eating has made menus staples such as the Assiette de Legumes, Quiche and Carrot Cake worldwide best-sellers.
Rose Bakery New York is seeking a Sous Chef to work alongside the Head Chef at our New York City establishment. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the Head Chef and managing daily café activities in the absence of the Head Chef.
- A highly motivated individual able converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, self-organized and a team player. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Punctual, possesses excellent time management skills.
- Flexible, adapts to the every changing needs of the business.
- Possesses an enthusiasm and a passion for the Rose Bakery philosophy.
- Excellent sous chef who enjoys cooking simply with the best ingredients available.
- Strong communicator.
- Capable of multi-tasking while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Flexible to the needs of the business.
- Able to assist Head Chef in building and leading a team.
- Ensure offerings and ingredient selections are in accordance with the Rose Bakery philosophy and standards.
- Create seasonal daily menus with variety and quality.
- Assist with the management of the kitchen and front of house.
- Comply with and enforce hygiene and food safety standards.
- Provide line cooks with clear directives and guidance.
- Responsible for sourcing and placing all food and non-food orders.
- Work closely with the Head Chef and Rose Bakery principles/owners.
- Creative, Simple, Seasonal, Top Quality Food
- Seamless Operations
- Controlled Costs
- Sales Results