Job Title: Community Supported Living Supervisor-Allegheny County
We are looking for experienced professionals in providing services and supports to individuals with intellectual disabilities around the Pittsburgh area. Make a difference by leading a team of Direct Support staff to facilitate the goals of the individuals we support!
Students - great fit for graduates- social work, psychology, human services.
Sign-on bonus - $3,000.00 for full time hires!
At Achieva, we envision a community where all people with disabilities lead lives of personal significance. We are an organization of individuals, professionals, and community partners that help people reach their individualized goals. Throughout its 70 years, Achieva has been committed to the support and inclusion of those with disabilities.
$21.75 per hour
Location: Allegheny County
Vehicle at each site for transportation.
A unique opportunity to become part of Achieva's management team. This role coordinates the daily operation of assigned Community Home(s). Together with each person, their family, and other team members, assist in charting a course that supports each person in realizing their life of personal significance.
Job Responsibilities - Highlights
- Provide direct care supports to people with intellectual or developmental disabilities and specialized care in daily living, social, and recreational activities.
- Ensures compliance of the Department's Policies and Procedures relative to Community Homes. Assembles maintains and monitors all in-house and persons records. Assists with and ensures the upkeep and maintenance of the home.
- Implements formal and informal outcome plans to assist the person in achieving their personal outcomes.
- Develops the weekly staff schedule. Adjusts staff schedules due to vacation, absenteeism or illness with prior approval. Ensures all shifts are covered.
- Communicates and resolves program and individual concerns with the Community Homes Supervisor on a regular basis. Participates in general staff meetings.
- Assign and ensure completion of each persons Annual Assessment and supporting documents and ensures the implementation of the outcomes identified in the Individual Support Plan.
- Distributes individual funds, obtains and submits receipts and assists with banking as advised.
- Administer medications (upon completion of certification; all necessary training provided).
- Must obtain CPR certification within six months of the start date.
In addition to paying for federal and state clearances, Achieva offers 24 hours of training, annually, relevant to Human Services. In addition, we have implemented Medication Administration training, which would need to be completed successfully. This training assists our DSP's in ensuring all prescribed medication is dispensed and documented per P&P in partnership with the individual.
Benefits - Full time
Medical, dental, and vision with low employee monthly contributions and low deductibles
Achieva pays for term life insurance, accidental death insurance, and long term disability
403(b) retirement plan. Achieva contributes to the 403(b) retirement plan after 1 year with or without employee contributions.
Paid time off and holiday pay