Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven, and hardworking individuals to work in our Greenhouse. Greenhouse Production Assistants are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and are accustomed to manual labor-intensive jobs.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus, but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st-century food system.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Seeding duties include the operation of seeding machines
· Transplant seedlings based on quality standards
· Identify and cull plants with pests or disease
· Harvest mature plants
· Move and rearrange growing equipment as needed
· Assist with the loading and unloading of greenhouse materials
· Compost unused plants
· Assist with daily cleaning of production areas, equipment, and supplies
· Assist with periodic cleaning of common areas in the facility
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs), Company food safety policies, Company employee safety policies, and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
· Additional duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
· Be authorized to work in the U.S.
· Capable of lifting to 50 pounds
· Work efficiently and pay attention to detail
· Must have a reliable form of transportation
· Open availability to work various work schedules, including holidays and weekends
· Must be able to work in varying temperatures
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and food-service customers.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our Company’s next phase of growth.