Are you an educator looking for a flexible schedule? Do you have the passion, commitment, and expertise to deliver professional development to help teachers transform their practices in order to promote a new generation of students who love math and are capable of solving the world’s most challenging problems?
MIND Research Institute is dedicated to research on learning, the brain, and developing effective math education programs. MIND's uniquely visual math education process engages the learner's spatial-temporal reasoning abilities to explain, understand, and solve multi-step problems. We are currently seeking an experienced and innovative professional who is able to deliver professional learning, in-person support, and coaching to teachers, schools and districts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare for and deliver in-person training on the ST Math program to increase teacher pedagogical content knowledge for teaching math
- Provide coaching support to help teachers develop and apply skills as a facilitator of learning, who guides students to persevere through problem solving
- Model strategies to show teachers how to use the games instructionally to make connections from the visuals and concepts learned to abstract mathematics
- Model classroom lessons using ST Math puzzles and effective teaching practices
- Connect the ST Math resources and content to standards
- Use best practices for working with adult learners