Required Education and Experience
- High School degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience; prefer 4-6 years of relevant experience needed; nonprofit accounting experience preferred
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Ability to apply DWC accounting policies and procedures
- Knowledge of accrual basis accounting and basic accounting debts and credits
- Knowledge of private foundations and government grants preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of QuickBooks (or a similar accounting software) required
- 10-key data entry
- Detail-oriented, thorough, accurate and highly organized
- Skill in communicating relevant financial information to management and other staff
- Strong work ethic
- Professional attitude; service oriented, friendly, positive approach and team-oriented
- Cultural humility
- Must be a CA resident and live at least 75 miles from the office and must be available for in-person meetings at the DWC offices.
- Must provide documentation of a negative COVID-19 test result from the last seven days, on first day of hire.
- Must provide documentation of a negative TB test result within the last twelve months, on first day of hire.
- You will be required to have received at least the first dose of COVID-19 vaccination to start employment with DWC, and second dose must be received within 30 days from the first day of hire.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Downtown Women’s Center Downtown Women's Center actively seeks candidates who reflect the rich diversity of the communities that we serve. We are committed to a work environment that embraces and promotes individuality and inclusion. We believe that diversity and inclusion of varied perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences is essential to our organization’s effectiveness, and allows us to serve our clients in the respectful, responsive, and understanding way that they deserve. We define diversity in broad terms to include race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, geography, socio-economic status, and other unique attributes that make us who we are.
Downtown Women’s Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.