Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As the Maintenance Manager, you'll not only earn a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
This position is responsible for management of daily, weekly, preventative, and requested maintenance of a large and diverse refrigerated facility. This would include Rolling Stock, Refrigeration, Racking, Production Equipment, Structural, and all material handling devices throughout the facility as well as all work area applications.
Structural responsibilities: Managing/Coordinating/Directing/Facilitating all installation, maintenance, repair of, tools for, equipment, and utility systems for 80Ksq warehouse and office space.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Facilitation of storm water program, PM cycles and weekly documentation of duties involved
- Daily generation and documentation of work orders, PM cycling, Purchase Orders, and Inventory tracking
- Ensuring that “daily” duties are performed concerning approach to Grounds, Janitorial, and the general warehouse cleaning involved throughout the entire facility.
- Tracking purchases, and inventory, to decrease/negate any possible down time for production and rolling stock applications
- Working directly with vendors and contractors to ensure that any repair, expansion, modification, and or installation results in as little down time as possible
What you'll do...
- Maintain and schedule necessary work force for the on-going tasks at hand. This will include on-going mentorship and cross-training of specialized tasks necessary
- Determine priorities concerning daily duties, requests, and planned maintenance to ensure highest level of efficiency
- Generate Daily workflow, inspection, and follow-up. Working closely with Maintenance Supervisor to guarantee that correct staff, parts, and focus are being directed to work at hand
- Protect employees and visitors by ensuring that a SAFE working environment is established and maintained
- Continuing to develop and improve Preventative Maintenance Program. Adding depth and detail to further help in determining successful inventory levels and repetitive timeframes for touches on equipment. Continually assessing, and coordinating, future repair needs of equipment.
- Estimate costs involved with larger repairs, and ability to make recommendations toward best value and production results
What we look for...
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgement in communicating with staff (Patience/ Creativity)
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage employees through a wide variety of tasks and skill sets
- Ability to communicate patiently and effectively with a variety of individuals, skill sets, and responsibility levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to always provide a high level of customer service
- Project and maintain a positive image and attitude to those contacted and/or associated with during course of work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Mechanical Aptitude and appreciation for (willingness to learn)
- Certified Forklift operator (willingness to learn)
- Able to work with other managers and directors to develop Capital Expense budgets, timeframes, and detailed follow-through.
- Ability to maintain regular and dependable attendance
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program