The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and facilitate rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) manages a complex contract with multiple projects implemented by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH).
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the FPHNYC Accounting team in day-to-day Financial processes. The position plays a lead role in monthly reconciliations, billing, invoicing and analysis.
The Staff Accountant will serve as the financial support for the accounting team. The responsibilities are to:
• Monitor and maintain Accounts Receivable
• Process customer invoices daily and monitor when invoices are due
• Verifies and completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
• Recode and Closeout / Amend entries
• Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations
• Maintain bookkeeping records
• Assist with Audit and other tasks as needed