Who We Are:
Neighborhood Health Center is a non-profit organization local to Portland, OR serving underserved patients in the areas of primary care, internal medicine, dental services and more. Our patient-centered approach to care honors the unique needs and circumstances of each individual patient. NHC sees people, not problems, and recognizes that the time spent as a patient in a doctors office is only one factor in a persons overall health. Our leading edge, integrated clinical teams work in partnership with patients, their families, and the communities we serve to provide whole-person care, prevention, and ongoing support.
NHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate differences in the workplace and do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (sex), national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why work with us?
- We are a non-profit organization, passionate about providing the underserved population with medical and dental services across the greater Portland area, committed to making a difference daily.
- We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 20 days of PTO (based on full time employment), 9 paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, quarterly wellness reimbursements, 401k retirement plan with employer match, employer paid disability insurance, EAP and life insurance.
- Our employees voted NHC a Top Workplace in 2020, 2021 and 2022!
As a FQHC NHC is a qualified participant in the HRSA Loan Repayment and Loan Reimbursement program.
These programs provide funding to primary care clinicians, faculty, and students to reduce their educational debt in exchange for their multi-year service in underserved communities. They also remove financial barriers for health professionals interested in practicing a primary care discipline, enabling them to pursue community-based careers. (https://bhw.hrsa.gov/funding/apply-loan-repayment/nurse-corps )
As an employee of NHC you may qualify for these benefits.
Please see the HRSA website https://www.hrsa.gov/
Job Title: Family Physician
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Work Type: On-Site
Language Differential: Eligible
This position is responsible for providing professional, comprehensive primary medical care and treatment services with emphasis on prevention of disease, and promotion of health.
Essential Job Duties
- Examines treats and advises patients on physical and mental health, and makes referrals to appropriate social or medical providers as needed.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Performs minor procedures and in-house lab work.
- Observes assesses, and records symptoms, reactions, and progress; utilizes knowledge of modern methods and techniques of diagnosing and treating a variety of diseases and injuries.
- Provides accurate, timely, and complete documentation in patient records including providing appropriate code level and diagnosis of patient visits using coding standards.
- Charts treatment records and monitors results in electronic health record.
- Supplies patients with appropriate paperwork as needed.
- Provides evening and weekend consultation on-call as needed.
- Displays sensitivity to the populations served.
- Contributes professional medical expertise to the consultative, educational, and evaluative activities other medical and mental health professionals and clinical support staff.
- Provides oversight of support staff with respect to individual patient management.
- Participates in team huddles to review the schedule at the start of the clinic day.
- Participates in process and quality improvement workflows.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Maintains availability during scheduled on-call hours.
- Attends required meetings and in-services, and participates in committees as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.