The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract and retain a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will work closely with our hiring managers through each step of the process while offering a positive and engaging candidate experience for all talent. You will also partner with other HR functions, such as HR Generalist, Payroll & Benefits Manager, and HR Coordinator to ensure effective recruitment and onboarding experience for all talent.
- Coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs and candidate selection criteria.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Provide input to ensure that teams consist of diverse, qualified individuals.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Place and update all job postings in various Medias including internet/intranet sites,
- colleges, social networks, community boards and staffing partners. Assist with leading employer branding initiatives.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Respond timely to internal and external applicant situations, and applicant requests as required.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Maintain applicant tracking system, recruiting reports and other staffing
- administration functions as needed.
- Collaborate with HR Generalist, to ensure new employee onboarding process is engaging and that processes are followed and accurate.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college
- awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.