- Maintain the preventative maintenance program of all LSS equipment through the manufacturers’ scheduled maintenance for all equipment.
- Identify and record all maintenance performed to LSS equipment according to approved protocols and procedures.
- Identify problems and communicate system design and operation changes to ensure safety for guests, staff and the animal collection.
- Work closely with the facilities staff to ensure the safe installation, maintenance and operation of all LSS equipment, while maintaining the needs of the animals in habitats and holding systems.
- Perform inspections, preventative maintenance, routine upkeep, cleaning and repair of all life support equipment.
- Perform general facility repair and maintenance.
- Understand water chemistry reports and their relationships to LSS.
- Assist in the making of seawater for marine systems.
- Monitor the Life Sciences inventory and departmental expenditure as it pertains to maintenance in order to reduce loss/waste, control costs and accurately communicate expenses.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic records on water quality, system maintenance and system checks.
- Assist in emergency situations to minimize damage, loss or injury to guests, team members, animals or company property.
- In collaboration with Guest Experience Department and the Aquarium Foundation, ensure habitats and programs engage, educate and entertain diverse audiences.
- Work closely with the Aquarium Foundation to ensure volunteers and educators provide exemplary guest service and engagement.
Other duties as assigned
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- One year + in a similar position required.
- PADI Open Water or equivalent (or able to obtain within 90 days of employment) required.
- First Aid, CPR, Emergency O2, and AED certification (or able to obtain within 90 days of employment) required.
- Ability to adhere to OSHA standards and proper use of personal protective equipment in an aquarium environment required.
- Skilled in general construction, troubleshooting mechanical systems and the safe use of tools required.
- Preferred certification – AALSO Operator Level I.
- Knowledge of water chemistry and monitoring in an aquarium environment required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
The individual must possess the following abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some or a combination of the abilities.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Requires the ability to perform the physical, visual and hearing requirements in the working conditions below
- Upon employment all team members are required to comply with the standards, rules and regulations, which may be established by the Company and updated from time-to-time. Team members who violate property rules or have irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- The leisure business functions seven days a week. Due to the seasonal nature of the industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, weekends, holidays and overtime to reflect the business needs of the property. Team members may also be required to attend group and/or department meetings in addition to the work shift as necessary.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform