JOB FAIR NOVEMBER 22ND AND 23RD!
Where: 1595 Grand Ave. Ste. 235B, Billings, MT 59102
When: November 22 and 23 from 9 am – 5 pm
Positions: Personal Financial Associate, Member Experience Associate, Mortgage Loan Originator, and Senior Business Lender!
Apply ahead of time here: https://www.bhfcu.com/new-locations/locations/billings OR walk-in and come meet us and see if we're a good fit for you!
We’re looking for talented professionals to help launch our new Billings West Park location. Join us for a Job Fair!
Since opening our doors in 1941, we've helped countless members realize and achieve their financial goals. With 18 locations from Billings to Sioux Falls, we're all about member service and bettering our communities. We want to do more than get you a loan, we want to help you do life well no matter what stage you are in.
At BHFCU, we’re a member-owned and operated not-for-profit. We share profits back to members through lower loan rates, higher savings rates and low or no fees. One with a solid history of service, a focus on community and the mission to improve lives. Come work with us today!
Our benefits include 401k match, 15 working days of Paid Leave, 11 paid holidays, 1 My Day, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, employee loan discounts, fitness reimbursement, education assistance program, Stakeholders program, dress for your day options, and much more!
*Billings-based Mortgage Loan Originator, Senior Business Lender, Consumer Lender, and Member Experience Associate positions qualify for a $2,000 sign on bonus. Bonus will be paid in two installments: $1,000 will be paid on the first paycheck following hire date with Black Hills Federal Credit Union. The remaining $1,000 will be paid on the first payroll following the employee’s 3-month anniversary from hire date. Employees who terminate employment prior to the 3-month anniversary will not receive the second payment. Please contact HR with additional questions regarding sign-on bonuses. Payment is subject to all applicable state & federal taxes.
General Purpose: Seek out, originate, and process real estate loan applications and make loan decisions according to credit union policies and secondary market requirements. Provide financial counseling for those members needing assistance. This position is Base Salary plus Commission and does not have a Commission Cap.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with outside parties, including but not limited to members, real estate agents, and builders. Networking and sales activity may require working in excess of 40 hours per week and the majority of that time will be spent building relationships and marketing BHFCU real estate products outside the office.
- Responsible for interviewing, processing, and recommending for approval, or if within authority provided, approving first mortgage loans applications. Answer questions, verify applications for completeness, conduct credit investigation, determine value and status of real estate, determine debt ratio, and document loan decision in writing. Provide file for underwriting approval prior to closing. This includes loan applications made at branches.
- Primarily responsible for originating first mortgages, including personal 1-4 unit rental property loans. Secondarily responsible for originating home equity and home improvement loans and assuring all loans meet the requirements set by the South Dakota Housing Development Authority, FHA / VA, secondary market, and Black Hills FCU policies.
- Answer member questions about real estate lending. Explain disbursal of loan proceeds to members. Review payment schedule so that member understands repayment obligation.
- Responsible for initial collection of delinquent real estate loans as directed by the Collection Department to try to resolve repayment problems before turning over to Collections. Responsible for ensuring a smooth transition should a loan require the attention of a collector.
- Remain current on changes within the legal, regulatory, economic, competitive and technology environments that may affect the real estate lending program. Responsible for remaining current on credit mortgage insurance features and costs. Keep abreast of current real estate markets within the Credit Unions lending territory.
- Cross-sell additional products and services of BHFCU.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Mortgage Department Manager.
- Strong working knowledge of FHA, VA, SDHDA, secondary market loan requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of real estate compliance rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of the credit union's products and services.
- Working knowledge of organization's policies/procedures and credit union's service philosophy.
- Working knowledge of safety and security program for false alarms, robberies, bomb threats and extortion.
- Working knowledge of credit union's in-house computer system and Internet.
Job Qualifications (Skills)
- Black Hills FCU is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following list outlines the physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job.
- Vision: A sighted person to effectively review documents.
- Speech/Hearing: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with staff, members and vendors.
- Manual Dexterity: Ability to perform necessary computer-related input.
- Physical Mobility: Limited mobility required. Requires the ability to work flexible hours.
Job Qualifications (Ability)
- Ability to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions.
- Ability to comprehend complex functions and procedures and to be able to disseminate that knowledge in a clear and understandable format to others.
- Ability to express oneself, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and maintain confidential records and reports.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze facts and develop solutions.
- Ability to analyze statistics and financial data.
- Ability to assess needs of multiple members and prioritize requests to ensure that all members receive the highest quality service possible. Ability to handle daily routine with moderate freedom to interpret and act upon various situations.
- Ability to present a professional and personable personality that communicates to members and visitors that the credit union is a professional financial institution.
- Must have valid South Dakota drivers license.
Job Qualifications (Education/Experience)
Job requires a four-year college level of language, math and reasoning skills. Two year's experience in direct mortgage lending field. Formal training should be supplemented with continuing education.
Material and Equipment Involved
Â· In-House Computer System (XP and FICS) Â· 10-Key Calculator
Â· Personal Computer / Internet
Work Environment/Physical Activities
Job requires limited physical effort but employee must be able to drive to various off-site meetings and functions. The job calls for a high degree of mental concentration to interpret and act upon a wide range of situations. The job requires a high degree of attention to details
Black Hills Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by state or federal law. BHFCU will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with a disability but who are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.