JOB FAIR NOVEMBER 22ND AND 23RD!
Where: 1595 Grand Ave. Ste. 235B, Billings, MT 59102
When: November 22 and 23 from 9 am – 5 pm
Positions: Personal Financial Associate, Member Experience Associate, Mortgage Loan Originator, and Senior Business Lender!
Apply ahead of time here: https://www.bhfcu.com/new-locations/locations/billings OR walk-in and come meet us and see if we're a good fit for you!
We’re looking for talented professionals to help launch our new Billings West Park location. Join us for a Job Fair!
Since opening our doors in 1941, we've helped countless members realize and achieve their financial goals. With 18 locations from Billings to Sioux Falls, we're all about member service and bettering our communities. We want to do more than get you a loan, we want to help you do life well no matter what stage you are in.
At BHFCU, we’re a member-owned and operated not-for-profit. We share profits back to members through lower loan rates, higher savings rates and low or no fees. One with a solid history of service, a focus on community and the mission to improve lives. Come work with us today!
Our benefits include 401k match, 15 working days of Paid Leave, 11 paid holidays, 1 My Day, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, employee loan discounts, fitness reimbursement, education assistance program, Stakeholders program, dress for your day options, and much more!
*Billings-based Mortgage Loan Originator, Senior Business Lender, Consumer Lender, and Member Experience Associate positions qualify for a $2,000 sign on bonus. Bonus will be paid in two installments: $1,000 will be paid on the first paycheck following hire date with Black Hills Federal Credit Union. The remaining $1,000 will be paid on the first payroll following the employee’s 3-month anniversary from hire date. Employees who terminate employment prior to the 3-month anniversary will not receive the second payment. Please contact HR with additional questions regarding sign-on bonuses. Payment is subject to all applicable state & federal taxes.
Salary Commensurate with Experience.
General Purpose: Responsible for establishing business relationships with commercial borrowers by providing lending and product expertise while ensuring loan quality and deposit growth for the Credit Union. Responsible for ensuring the business credit operations are in accordance with established policies and results in maximum volume and profit for the Credit Union.
- Responsible for approving, rejecting, and processing business loan applications; verifying applications for completeness; conducting credit investigations; determining value and status of collateral (if any); establishing a signature limit (if applicable); and documenting business loans as per Credit Union policy and procedures.
- Participate directly in the Credit Unions business development program by identifying member needs, developing individual calling programs and conducting outside member calls in order to attract new business and ensure the profitable penetration usage of financial products and services. Counsel members on business management and financial matters where possible.
- Facilitate business lending by seeking potential clients. Effectively explain Credit Union business products and services.
- Cross-sell a full range of Credit Union products and services to present and potential members and recommend the best way BHFCU may serve them.
- Review and understand the BHFCU business loan policy and procedures and remain current on changes of such matter.
- Participate in recommending changes in business lending policies and operational procedures that are consistent with overall Credit Union policies and operating objectives.
- Assist the Business Lending Manager, other fellow lenders, and support staff in enhancing employee understanding and commitment to loan growth and quality services of the Credit Union.
- Develop and grow business member relationships using BHFCUs member service quality goals and philosophy. Maintain and seek knowledge of Credit Union products and services, operations systems/processes, member product penetration techniques, industrial trends, etc.
- Organizes work, with the direction of the Business Lending Manager, to accommodate walk-in/phone members and proactive contacts with our business members.
- Schedules proactive contacts (mail, phone, in person) with members to recognize value of relationship; assesses needs and builds rapport; conducts follow-up activities; track contacts and progress on contact management system.
- Continuously uses information (systems, sales report, etc.) to monitor progress against goals; takes needed actions; seeks coaching and advice as needed.
- Provides referrals to internal team members, based on size and complexity of loan requests. Makes appointments as necessary.
- Establish ongoing profiles of key members to understand financial needs of both short and long-term borrowers.
- Listens to member inquiries, requests and problems; resolves issues in a timely manner in accordance with member expectations and guidelines of all policies and procedures.
- Tracks repetitive member issues and shares with appropriate staff so problems can be minimized and efficient processes can be improved, making more time for member contact.
- Maintains confidentiality of complex and sensitive issues.
- Documents all matters in a business relation, generally by written loan comments; XP comments; or verbal discussion with the assistance of the Business Lending Manager.
- Performs other duties required or assigned.
- Must demonstrate characteristics of a highly motivated, high-energy and positive person that is self-motivated and a team player.
- Must possess the ability and desire to learn and improve customer relations skills, interpersonal skills, delegation skills, team player skills and good organization skills.
- Should have entry level working knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies and procedure governing credit union services.
- Possess the ability and desire to become knowledgeable about the organization's policies/procedures and Credit Union's service philosophy.
- Familiar with technology to be able to learn and understand the Credit Unions computer systems.
Job Qualifications (Skills)
- BHFCU is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following list outlines the physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job.
- Vision: A sighted person to review direct reports' work.
- Speech/Hearing: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with staff, members and vendors.
- Manual Dexterity: Ability to perform necessary computer-related input.
- Physical Mobility: Limited mobility required. Requires the ability to work flexible hours.
Job Qualifications (Ability)
- Ability to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions.
- Ability to comprehend complex functions and procedures and to be able to disseminate that knowledge in a clear and understandable format to others.
- Ability to express oneself, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and maintain confidential records and reports.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze research data and develop solutions.
- Ability to analyze statistics and financial data.
Job Qualifications (Education/Experience)
Job generally requires a four-year college degree focused on business skills. Two to five years of commercial lending experience is also preferred. Formal training should be supplemented with continuing education.
Black Hills Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by state or federal law. BHFCU will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with a disability that substantially limits a major life activity, but who are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.