The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Please list Project Name and Location)
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is one of the largest public health agencies in the world. The Leaves and Benefits unit within the Bureau of Human Resources and Labor Relations (HRLR) at DOHMH provides all aspects of support to the agency and its many public health programs that serve more than 8 million New Yorkers.
This position is on-site at our agency headquarters, 42-09 28th Street, Long Island City, Queens.
The need to fill this position is critical to the Leaves and Benefits Unit in order to continue offering a high-volume level of service that the Bureau strives for in maintaining and/or improving the unit’s productivity with COVID-19. Filling this position would be critical in ensuring the timely processing of all COVID related requests for Leaves and Benefits with or without pay, including Grant requests, such as advanced time, and ensuring that proper documentation is provided, and filed and records are kept up to date. The bureau is seeking for a COVID Team Leader to provide support with various duties. Under the direction of the unit Senior Director’s supervision, the Team Leader will perform tasks that require knowledge of the following but not limited to:
- Serve as COVID Coordinator/HR Generalist monitoring the Agency's Confidential HR Hotline and responding to reports and inquiries on COVID-19.
- Prepare detailed reports on COVID related data for management.
- Process requests or forms related to the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Paid Parental Leave (PPL), and Paid Family Leave (PFL) requests.
- Preparation of letters for review/signature for all approved leave.
- Provide employees guidance on all forms related to leave of absence, answering questions via phone, e-mail, and in-person.
- Coordinate and work with a third-party insurance carrier for City of NY Paid Family Leave (PFL) requests with a timely notification schedule.
- Assist and communicate with Designated Human Resources Liaisons (DHRL) within the Agency and follow-up on all expired leave of absence.
- Assist with other tasks related to Leave of Absence data preparation and analysis based on program needs.
- Assist with other assignments within the unit which may include but is not limited to Worker’s Compensation, Verifications, etc.
** Candidate chosen will be trained and given further details and expectations related to job description.