- Minimum of two years of work experience, preferably working in a busy, fast-paced office setting, in development, events, public relations or marketing.
- Strong project management skills and ability to execute independently and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Interest in building relationships with volunteers and willingness to engage them on the phone and in person.
- Superb organization and administrative skills, including working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with Constant Contact and Raiser's Edge a plus
- Organized, energetic, strategic, collaborative, and prepared to work with a team of development professionals on multiple campuses.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
The Windward School is the preeminent school for the remediation of language-based learning disabilities for students in Grades 1-9. Through a multisensory, direct instruction curriculum, Windward helps students thrive academically, while enabling them to understand their learning styles, build confidence, and develop self-advocacy skills.
The Windward School's vision is a world where every child with a language-based learning disability is empowered to achieve unlimited success.
Windward currently employs more than 450 faculty and staff members across four divisions and three campuses, giving employees a small, tight-knit community at their campus while feeling part of a larger organization. Two Westchester campuses are located in White Plains, NY, and the Manhattan campus is located on the Upper East Side.
The Windward School also has two divisions that support its mission The Windward Teaching Training Program and The Windward Institute.
- The renowned Windward Teacher Training Program recruits, hires, trains, mentors, and retains teachers at The Windward School.
- The Windward Institute offers professional development to all educators, forms partnerships with research and educational institutions, and advocates for students with language-based learning disabilities.
The Windward School truly transforms students' lives, and our faculty and staff all contribute daily to the School's mission. The friendly, hard-working, and collegial Windward community provides a supportive professional environment in which all members are encouraged to develop into outstanding educational professionals.
The School is an independent, coeducational day school dedicated to providing an excellent instructional program for children with language-based learning disabilities. The multisensory curriculum is designed for students of average to superior intelligence who can benefit from the unique educational experience provided. Through direct instruction in small class settings, a trained staff assists students to improve their language skills. Academic success, combined with opportunities for social and emotional growth, enables students to understand their learning styles, build confidence, and develop self-advocacy skills. Windward is committed to helping students achieve their full potential in preparation for a successful return to the mainstream educational environment. To meet these goals, the School provides ongoing training to its faculty based on the most current research and also shares its expertise with the parent body, other educators, and the broader community.