OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the day-to-day processing of accounting transactions and reporting while maintaining accurate and complete records and ensuring compliance with financial policies and controls. The Staff Accountant will be integrally involved in the organizations financial processes and works closely with our colleagues cross all departments in support of our mission and values.
The Staff Accountant, under the direction of the Accounting Manager, will be responsible for task related to closing the month in timely manners including accounts payable and reimbursements, accounts receivable, revenue reconciliation, trial balance reconciliations, and record keeping.
The Staff Accountant will help ensure WFP USA staff adhere to documented policies and procedures and supports effective program implementation and an efficient and audit and annual Form 990 process.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization
- You will be joining an effective, committed high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger
- Processes accounts payable timely, accurately, and according to established policies and procedures, verifying proper approvals and supporting documentation is submitted for each invoice/expense report and resolving any discrepancies with vendors and staff
- Train staff on using Concur, our expense management system, including offering feedback on proper coding and documentation of expenses. Reconciles Concur activity for corporate credit card and oversee the approval process and sync with accounting software
- Maintain accurate vendor and staff data in the expense reporting system and general ledger
- Maintains annual 1099 vendor reconciliation and prepares annual 1099 forms
- Records donations/revenue transactions timely, accurately, and according to established policies and procedures. Works closely with our colleagues to maintain accurate records of the donations in the Salesforce system.
- Performs months end close reconciliations such as pre-paid expenses and bank statements
- Provides outstanding customer support and collaborates with stakeholders as necessary
- Implements internal control policies and procedures as directed; reviews procedures periodically with the Finance team to ensure effectiveness
- Prepares documents for annual audits as well as any compliance requirements relevant to above duties, as necessary and assigned
- Complies with organization wide administrative protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned