Professional plumber capable of executing job responsibilities within our schools and grounds with integrity and attention to detail. This person must be reliable, adaptable, honest, safety oriented, customer focused and have the mindset of exceeding expectations daily.
Supervisor: Maintenance Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt, Regular, 12-month position.
Hours of Work: Standard work week. Evening and weekend work will be required.
- Serves as a lead plumber on all Facilities Department projects
- Maintains, repairs, and installs plumbing fixtures and systems throughout the campus, including hot water systems, backflow systems
- Performs standard plumbing activities such as pipe threading, bending and joining; pipe locating and uncovering; cutting openings in floors and walls to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings; leak detection; etc.
- Cleans and drains obstructions in waste and sewer pipes
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks on plumbing equipment and building systems.
- Complies with all safety practices, procedures and rules
- Monitors and oversees the inspection of all backflow preventers
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools to make necessary field modifications for the purpose of repair, installation or modifications of plumbing system
- Estimates the time frame for plumbing projects
- Inspects completed plumbing projects
- Maintains records of completed work
- Studies building plans and working drawings to determine the sequence of operations for the troubleshooting purposes
- Coordinates work of contractors as they relate to plumbing repairs or upgrades
- Maintains tools and equipment in safe and good working order; monitor plumbing equipment for needed repairs and maintenance
- Assists, instructs and/or trains other technicians on plumbing repairs and projects
- Ensures workshop area is cleaned and organized daily
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and safety precautions of the plumbing trade.
- 5-7 years of experience as a plumber in a commercial setting.
- GED or High School Diploma
- Formal plumbing training/education with appropriate certification
- Knowledge of systems distribution
- Valid GA Driver’s License and Westminster acceptable driving record
- General set of hand tools is expected to be provided by the employee. Employer will provide specialized tools
- Knowledge and experience with use of hand and power tools
- Customer-service oriented
- Flexible with the willingness to use initiative and handle extra duties as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion; respect and value the different experiences, ideas, and backgrounds others bring to the work environment
- Proven time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Work independently or with a team with little supervision while maintaining a high level of performance
- Basic communication skills and working knowledge of the English language; ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, short correspondence and memos
- Professional and effective use of interpersonal and communication skills; interact with tact and diplomacy
- Basic computer skills with the ability to use an iPad or similar device for completing work orders, checking emails, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; engage in moderately strenuous physical activity both indoors and out; and smell. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and may frequently walk on slippery or uneven surfaces. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
Travel is primarily local during the regular business day. Overnight and out-of-area travel may also be required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Westminster is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. It is Westminster’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities and administer terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Note: This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. This position description should not be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position. Nothing contained in this position description restricts Westminster’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.