The Café Barista Associate has a positive attitude and a drive to provide excellent customer service. The position is responsible for preparing and serving a variety of coffee and tea drinks and food. This position also assists in the daily operations of the café including opening and closing duties and supporting inventory management. They will complying with health, safety, and hygiene guidelines and regulations. This position reports to the Social Enterprise Retail & Branding Manager.
- Welcomes customers and provide prompt friendly service.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Prepares drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques.
- Generates revenues by providing excellent customer service and product knowledge.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies.
- Protects equipment by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, and performing preventive maintenance of café.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and health department regulations.
- Maintain operational consistencies that promote a clean, welcoming, organized, and safe store environment that meets health, safety, and sanitation regulations.
- Assist job-training participants in daily tasks through encouragement during your store shifts.
- Work with volunteers assigned to support the daily store operations.
- Other duties as necessary to meet the goals and mission of the center.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent Barista Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Team Player
- Problem Solver
- Able to stand and/or walk for an extended period of time
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds without physical limitations
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items. Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations if they arise. Reports all customer complaints to the Social Enterprises Retail Operations Manager. Accurately POS transactions in a friendly and courteous manner. Answers telephone in a friendly manner including, greeting customers giving directions to store location, and/or answering inquiries about the DWC. Provides feedback for customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness. Sells and serves baked good and miscellaneous food items to the customers. Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders and takes trash out. Restocks all products on shelves when necessary. Reports potential safety hazards, employee accidents to the Social Enterprises Retail Operations Manager, communicating any operational inconsistencies. While maintaining an efficient, customer focus, friendly café environment.
- Frequently required to use hand finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Able to stand and/or walk for an extended period of time.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a Part-time position. 16-24 hours per week Monday Saturday. Applicant must be available to work a variety of hours which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
No, must be on-site only