A bachelor's degree with 7-10 years’ experience directly related to duties and responsibilities specified or equivalent combination of education and experience. Project management, quality management experience desired.
Experience operating within a business jet Aircraft Management or Aircraft Charter environment is desired. Must have the ability to present and discuss issues with level 1 customers.
Personality and Character
The ideal candidate will have most of the following traits:
- Strong technical, analytical, and business leadership skills.
- Strong organizational change agent.
- Ability to secure respect and credibility with team members, peers, CLA Leadership Team, and CLA customers.
- Collaborative working style.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Skill in developing and examining operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing strategies and procedures
- Employee development and performance management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- Able to delegate when required, but also able and willing to work hands-on.
- Strategic thinker, capable of making key decisions quickly.
- Highly responsible, willing to “OWN” the process/project and outcome.
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background checks.
The position reports solid line to the Vice President and dotted line to the VP, Charter
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
About Clay Lacy Aviation
Founded in 1968 by world-renowned pilot Clay Lacy, Clay Lacy Aviation (CLA) operates one of the largest fleets of charter and managed aircraft in the world. The company’s fixed-based operations in Los Angeles and Seattle set the industry standard for corporate aviation facilities and amenities. CLA offers a complete range of aircraft charter, management, sales, acquisitions, maintenance, avionics, and interior completion services, and is an authorized service center for the Embraer Phenom 100 and 300 and Quest Kodiak. Home to an award-winning Class 3 & 4 maintenance repair station, CLA’s factory-trained technicians provide 24-hour on-site and mobile maintenance support. For more information, visit www.claylacy.com.