Application Support Analyst is a hands-on member of the IT Services team responsible to maintain and support mission critical applications directly related to Pacificas core businesses, included but not limited to Truck Mate application administration, database administration, all aspects of EDI, Report writing, telematics, and end user training while actively participating in the development of future business solutions.
The incumbent will work closely with Lead application support engineer to ensure that all KPIs, service levels, customer requirements and improvement targets are met. He/She is responsible to resolve complex or new issues, assist end-users to resolve application problems, document resolutions, interface with developers/vendors when resolving and reporting system issues/bugs for defined application areas and escalate promptly to the lead engineer when necessary.
The incumbent must have excellent problem-solving skills, is detailed oriented, has strong analytical skills, strives to meet, or exceed expectations, understands the transportation and logistics industry, follows SDLC and ITIL best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other related duties may be assigned by the lead application support engineer.
Business Application Support:
- Support new TruckMate TMS day to day functionality.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance for inhouse developed or procured software applications.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of new or improved application processes, production issues, resolutions, and application maintenance.
- Provide application training and end-user support.
- Coordinate with users and application vendors on technical issues, upgrades, licensing, and maintenance renewals.
- Develop relationships with users to better understand their processes and business needs.
- Partner closely with lead application engineer to ensure the best practices are maintained in achieving high application performance, application uptime and problem resolution.
- Interact daily with users/management and respond promptly to requests while educating them on the software products and capabilities.
- Assist with creating both corporate or user level reports and dashboards.
- Provide day-to-day EDI support, system tuning and capacity planning.
- Working closely with lead application engineer in enhancing existing business processes and creating new ones
- Perform EDI/XML/ Mapping. CLEO knowledge is a plus.
- Provide first level support and resolve issues quickly.
- Conducts EDI application testing, sufficient to identify and correct inconsistencies with developed map.
- As a team member, support all EDI on-onboarding tasks.
Position Minimum Requirements
- BS degree (computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or data analytics) or equivalent.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, organized, take charge personality!
- 2+ years demonstrated customer service and communication skills in a technical support environment
- 2+ years of experience with Complex T-SQL (Stored Procedures and Views, Query optimization and performance)
- 2+ years in application support role, Crystal Reports, nested reporting, and SQL with strong understanding of SQL data bases, joins and knowledge of using report libraries.
- 2+ years in EDI role, experience with partner-facing role to obtain data integration requirements for EDI on-boarding functionality. Experience with analyzing customer/vendor specifications to be translated into EDI maps.
- Experience with 204, 210 and 214 mapping a plus
- 2+ years programming in C# and visual Studio.
- 2+ years of writing advanced business reports/dashboards using Crystal Reports or other leading report writers.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft office tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Demonstrated experience (certifications a plus) utilizing industry BI tools: Microsoft Power BI or demonstrated skills in industry leading BI software
Demonstrate experience in any of the following by providing work samples when called upon:
Scripts; Notations and Languages:
- RESTful API
- ASP.NET Core
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of transportation industry a plus
- Demonstrate Adaptability; self-starter; team player; focused; committed
- Must possess desire and self-motivation to learn new technologies and stay abreast of industry changes.
Additional Differentiating Skills & Experience
- Expertise with terminal Management Systems (TMS) and related technologies such as Telematics, Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and RFID tracking systems are highly desired.
- Experience with Mobile application development is a big plus.
- Experience with Office 365 SharePoint is desired but not required.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Special Skills - The incumbent must be a self-motivated individual able to communicate effectively with all levels within Pacifica Trucks. Ability to enforce Pacifica Trucks standards concerning computer configurations and operations in a diplomatic manner is required. As needed, must be able to work flexible hours when required to accomplish tasks during non-business hour to reduce impact to the business unit. Frequent travel between offices, especially to the terminal is required.
- Customer Service Responsive to day- to-day issues identified by the business unit customer. Responds promptly and with a sense of urgency to minimize user downtime.
- Task Management Organizes tasks and communicates changes and progress to immediate supervisor. Prioritizes work activities and uses time efficiently to meet deadlines
Interpersonal Must communicate well, verbally and in writing, with peers, management, and the user community; focus on facilitating and resolving conflict; maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control
Professionalism Must approach others in a tactful manner and react well under pressure; treat others with respect; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in resultant work products; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity Maximizes productivity; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; takes the initiative to ask for additional tasks when assignments are complete
Dependability - Follows direction, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- Use hands to finger handle or feel
- Reach with hands or arms
- Climb ladders/stairs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Drive automobile or pickup truck
- Climb up Cranes
- Lift or move up to 10 pounds; the employee is required to ask for assistance from co-workers or the supervisor/manager when lifting and or moving any object, regardless of weight, where personal injury may occur.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory responsibilities