- A minimum of an associate degree in biological, chemical or physical science, preferably an undergraduate degree in clinical laboratory science, fulfilling the CLIA requirements for highly complex testing.
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and participate in 24-hour call. Required to work for extended periods of time with few breaks.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license in accordance with MTN motor vehicle policy. Must have reliable personal automobile transportation to be used with company reimbursement using IRS guidelines. Must be able to travel within the service area by ground or air.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to function independently and collaboratively; good problem-solving and creative thinking skills and well-developed personal stress management skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and transfer short distances.
- Possess manual dexterity sufficient to operate telephones, computers and surgical equipment.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly in order to accurately convey information in person or by phone.
- Ability to hear at normal audio levels of speaking whether in person or over the phone.
- Vision correctable to 20/40 to read patient charts.
- Home internet and wireless phone access may be required.
Respect: Builds a positive and supportive foundation inviting open, honest, and clear communication. Fosters a sensitive, supportive, and trustworthy environment, which promotes active listening and strengthens rapport throughout all interactions. Cultivates teamwork through acceptance and inclusion by valuing differences and empowering strengths.
Excellence: Demonstrates excellence by going above and beyond, while maintaining compassion and humility in all interactions. Demonstrates a high rate of achievement and success for the organization through proactive objectives centered on the overall mission and vision. Consistently models a positive attitude, a willingness to help others, and a dedication to improvement. Takes full responsibility for their role and challenges themselves to find workable solutions.
Accountability: Demonstrates the highest ethical standards, by honoring commitments to each other and professional partners. Executes all interactions through honesty and transparency. Demonstrates responsibility and integrity through ownership of the mission. Utilizes resources appropriately.
Leadership: Empowers, mentors and encourages all staff, while displaying a high-level of professionalism. Demonstrates ability to cultivate teams and relationships through open lines of communication, honesty and respect. Handles challenges with compassion by developing trust through respectful feedback and support. Acts as a resource by providing the tools, which enable others to reach their highest potential.
It is the policy of Midwest Transplant Network (MTN) to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnic origin, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, arrest record, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. In addition, the organization complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, employee activities and general treatment during employment
MTN is committed to complying with state and federal disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the position he or she desires, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities , unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of MTN’s mission.