Education and Experience:
This position requires a Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with 0-2 years of experience with a Bachelors. Must possess a working knowledge of scientific principles. Experience with bacterial cell cultures and DNA cloning are a plus. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, multi task, and have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques including DNA isolation, PCR, and cloning.
- Knowledge of protein techniques including SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, and ELISA.
- Knowledge of general lab techniques, equipment & inventory.
- Knowledge of literature research methods.
- Knowledge of NCBI tools, and DNA and protein analysis software.
- Skills in record keeping.
- Skills in problem solving; including the ability to identify and appropriately evaluate a course of action.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Ability to act independently on routine assignments or projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high-level accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work hours that conform to standard business operations (8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.)
Why Join Bio-Techne:
- We offer competitive salaries along with extensive medical, vision, and dental plans for you and your family starting on day one!
- We invest in our employees’ financial futures through 401k matching and an employee stock purchase plan.
- We help our employees develop their careers through mentorship, promotional opportunities, training and development, internship programs, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We offer employee resource groups, volunteer paid time off, employee events, and charity drives to build a culture of caring and belonging.
- We foster a culture of empowerment and innovation, where employees feel valued and encouraged to bring their new ideas to the table.
Where permitted by applicable law, candidate must have received or be willing to receive an FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for this position.
Bio-Techne is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.