At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials it’s made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
At Capital, we have 65 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you’re empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently looking for an Account Manager for our Portland Branch.This position oversees the management of customer accounts; services customers by selling products, fielding questions, and resolving customer’s issues. Services existing accounts and also establishes new accounts.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Sell/market Company products and services
- Quote and negotiate product prices on behalf of the Company to customers, using independent judgment and discretion based on knowledge of current market conditions and other factors
- Receive customer questions, concerns and complaints and exercise judgment and discretion to resolve them on behalf of the Company
- Collect and disperse information relevant to the customer’s and company’s needs and use that information to provide superior customer service
- Continually analyze customer base and manage according to the best return on time invested
- Actively participate in strategic planning and annual budgeting by account
- Complete training courses, classes and seminars as assigned
- Maintain on-going product knowledge meetings for your customers
- Perform product maintenance through cycle counts as necessary for specialty item inventory
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment