Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Why Ascend Clinical?
Come work for a company that is transforming the industry.
We are Ascend, one of the highest volume clinical laboratories in the United States. With the use of the most advanced tools and technology, we process millions of tests each month. For over 30 years, we have been delivering industry-leading service and excellence in testing. At Ascend, we are relentlessly innovating and growing to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Ascend is unlike most companies, offering the discipline of a healthcare leader and the mentality of a tech startup. At all times, our employees are taking on new challenges and solving problems. As a company that is on the leading edge, we are seeking individuals with a similar mindset who enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The facilities manager is responsible for the security, maintenance, and services of the company facilities to ensure that a well-kept, clean and safe environment (indoor and outdoor) is maintained for the well-being of employees and visitors. This position manages in-house facilities staff, as well as all outside contractors hired to perform tasks throughout the buildings.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages and directs work for the maintenance of buildings, plumbing systems, electrical systems, HVAC systems, alarm systems, landscaping and parking areas.
- Manages preventive maintenance of facility equipment and office equipment.
- Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of facility.
- Ability to oversee multiple facilities across several states.
- Leads special facilities projects, large and small.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to optimize effectiveness and reduce expenditure.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, facility expansion and modifications.
- Plans budgets and performs facility audits.
- Inspects progress of any construction, maintenance, or installation, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or work related discipline, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience and responsibility in facilities management.
- Strong background in Mechanical Engineering and knowledge of MEP systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of equipment and facility maintenance programs and procedures.
- Experience with RFP process and vendor management.
- Knowledge of OSHA and environmental regulations.
- Ability to identify and recognize unsafe conditions or work practices and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to physically bend, reach and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Requires local travel between locations as well as occasional overtime or on-call work as needed.
Ascend provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply): Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, AD&D, Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program) Leave Benefits: Paid holidays, annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state /local paid leave where required), Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Other leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA, Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption leave) Retirement Benefits: Contributory pension plan and Savings Plan (401k).
Ascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Veteran
If you are interested in applying to Ascend and need special assistance or accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.