By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of the Molecular Diagnostics Division, the Director of Market Access is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing all aspects of the pricing, reimbursement, and market access strategy across Bio-Techne’s exosome-based diagnostic products and will play a leading role in evolving the company’s managed care position in the market. The primary responsibility is to achieve network coverage with national managed care providers for novel molecular tests. As the Director of Market Access, you will work in close collaboration with Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Legal, Finance, Regulatory, and Clinical Operations to implement a coordinated sales, training, research, and reimbursement strategy for both existing products and products in the R&D pipeline. You will analyze third party payer coverage and reimbursement in terms of existing and emerging payer policies, utilization management, competitive landscape, trends, and potential barriers to provider and patient access.
- Lead development and execution of practical strategies to secure optimal reimbursement for the company’s products
- Lead and collaborate with regional Market Access team to develop and implement key components of the reimbursement and market access strategy
- Ensure existing opportunities and barriers as well as emerging trends are incorporated into the development of the commercialization and reimbursement strategies
- Participate and support development of strategic business plans, budgets and internal forecasts and reporting functions as necessary and required
- Proactively gather and monitor payor requirements from a medical necessity/clinical utility perspective, then coordinate with marketing, R&D, and sales to gain maximum utility from ongoing study/research efforts
- Oversee the coding, coverage, and payment processes within the United States for all company products and services impacted
- Negotiate new contracts with third party payers in support of reimbursement strategy
- Expertise working with Regional and National Health plans
- Lead implementation of tactical activities required to achieve health economics and reimbursement strategic objectives (e.g., preparation of economic and reimbursement dossiers for payer negotiations, new code applications, customer billing guides, etc.)
- Support sales management on reimbursement related issues
- Support new product launches as it relates to reimbursement, market analysis, business plans and healthcare economics etc.
- Support sales education on topics of relevance to healthcare economics & business development (e.g. financial feasibility, market analysis as it relates to third party payer reimbursement).
- Address customer concerns in a timely fashion by working collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders.