Visitor Experience Associates
We are seeking part-time Visitor Experience Associates to serve as the welcoming face of the Museum to the public, fulfilling an array of functions such as checking in visitors, crowd and queue management, membership sales, and providing visitors information on exhibitions and programming. This position reports to the Director of Visitor Experience.
The Norton Museum of Art was founded in 1941 and today houses one of the finest permanent collections in the South of over 8,000 works of art in five core collections: American, Chinese, Contemporary, European, and Photography.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Welcome museum visitors and direct them to exhibition spaces, public programs, or to ongoing tours, with an engaging, approachable demeanor.
- Answering general questions regarding museum programs or collections, enforcing museum visitor policies.
- Collect attendance information for general admissions, group tours and public programs.
- Promote Museum membership benefits and opportunities and handling associated admission and membership sales.
- Assist with managing the Museums parking lot, which ranges from collecting parking lot fee, to assisting visitor check in, and providing direction to incoming visitors.
- Available for at least twenty-two (22) hours per week including availability for Friday evening and weekend hours.