We are looking for an experienced Line Cook to work with our kitchen team. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance after 60 days of working full time (minimum 30 hours). After a year of continuous full-time employment, we offer two weeks of paid vacation taken at employees' regular rate of pay.
About our Culture...
Here at Tiny Boxwoods we are passionate about three things: food, service, and our employees. We are always looking for good people to come and join our family and make Tiny Boxwoods the best it can be!
Being part of the Tinys team means more than just having a job. We believe in nurturing and teaching our employees, providing room to grow, and offering opportunities for leadership. The best part about Tinys is who we get to surround ourselves with every day. We pride ourselves in our culture and the high standards we set for each other. We want people to come to work happy and feel taken care of, so they can provide the best service for our guests.
Job Purpose: Prepare food to the specifications and standards set by the Executive Chef. Line Cooks are expected to prepare food and set up stations in a quick-paced and hot environment.
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary job duties and responsibilities of being a Line Cook include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be passionate about food
- Must be able to work the entry level station
- Must learn and be knowledgeable of the food menus
- Must be able to read and accurately follow standardized recipes to ensure a consistent product every time
- Must be able to listen and follow directions from the Kitchen Manager
- Organize timing of food preparation for service
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and work ethic under extreme stress
- Must treat others with respect at all times
- Must monitor quality control to ensure guest satisfaction
- Controls food portions for a balanced food cost
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks effectively and quickly
- Ability to maintain in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to learn and memorize where everything in the kitchen is located
- Ability to take direction and pay attention to calls
- Must be willing to learn from other cooks
- Must adhere to sanitation, safety and food regulations
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station
- Performs up to company standards and expectations
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance, meeting the Pressed and Tailored standard
- Performs other duties as assigned
Tinys No. 5 offers competitive wages, daily family meals, generous employee discounts and beautiful spaces to work.