Job Title: Systems Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of IT Infrastructure & Information Security
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in computer science and four (4) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate a powerful sense of internal customer service and strong work ethic to contribute to the company's mission and vision positively.
- Requires sound written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate proficiently to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within a high-pressure environment using creative problem-solving skills to timely resolve IS issues.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, Team player.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to research software/hardware issues and new products as required.
- Security mindset is required – Implement and support best practices (Security Governance).
- Technical experiences should include, but not be limited to:
- Minimum of 5 years with Windows server administration experience.
- Senior level experience with MS Server 2016 – 2019.
- 5+ years supporting application and database platforms in a cloud and on Prem environment. (Multi-cloud experience is preferred Azure/AWS/GCP)
- 5+ years administrating (Azure/AWS/Google) Cloud, including VNET, SSL, MFA, DR.
- 5+ years Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and ADSI edit.
- 5+ years Antivirus (EDR) – Cybereason preferred.
- 5+ years of cloud backups (AZURE. AWS, Google)
- 5+ years of Microsoft 365 (Office 365) administration and design
- 5+ years of VMware ESX / VCenter administration, including VLAN and Enterprise Plus
- 5 years security patch automation using cloud platforms.
- Advanced analytical problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues. Security Patching platforms, system lock down is a must.
- Senior level experience building, working, and designing multi-cloud environments.
- Team player and exceptional knowledge sharing skills.
The System engineer is responsible for: on prem and cloud platform installation, system design, server maintenance, monitoring, data backups, system security, and documentation of the system environments, assists the Help Desk and Network Staff in providing technical and desktop support for all users in times of high volume or escalated issues, ensures stable operation of all business-critical systems, applications, on prem and cloud. maintaining infrastructure and software integrity using industry best practices, always follow change control guidelines.
- Manages and administers all operating systems, VMWARE, Cloud and their corresponding or associated software and hardware.
- Research emerging products, services, protocols, and standards supporting systems software, procurement, and development efforts.
- Manage and ensure the integrity, stability, and security of all servers (Cloud and on-prem).
- Distributes and supervises server storage space allotments, sets the appropriate thresholds in SolarWinds monitoring solution for escalation.
- Performs system audits to sustain PCI, ISO and security requirements using industry best practices continually.
- Analyzes system or application usage and plans for growth and/or increases in network capacity.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches and/or purchases.
- Interacts with vendors and contractors to secure hardware products and services.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and associated training plans for administration and appropriate use.
- Designs and implements disaster recovery plan for operating systems.
- Maintain server, cloud, and system security and system lock down.
- Administers and maintains Active Directory accounts, permissions, and access rights, and storage groups.
- Remain vigilant in the pursuit and presentation of process improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Must participate in on call rotation and perform after hours maintenance monthly.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment and follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Company Paid Life & AD&D, Voluntary Life And AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Lifeworks
- Headspace for Work
- 401(k) retirement plan with 6% & Roth option
- Education Tuition Assistance Program
- 10 Recognized Holidays
- 50 hours of personal/sick time pro-rated based upon hire date
- 110 hours accrued Vacation
- Competitive Wages
- Performance Incentive Bonus opportunities
- Wellness Benefit
- Employee Giveback Program
- Individual Development Programs
- Youth Donation Program
- Continuing Education Programs
- Bring your Pet to Work Program (applies to admin positions only)
- Pet Insurance
- And much more…
This position ranges from $75,000/year to $90,000/year, depending on experience and/or other factors.