About Equal Justice Works:
The mission of Equal Justice Works is to create opportunities for lawyers to transform their passion for equal justice into a lifelong commitment to public service. We believe that a community of lawyers committed to public service can fulfill our nation's promise of equal justice for all.
The Administrative Specialist is a generalist position that supports and backstops the functions of the administration unit and the finance team in service to the organization. The specialist is accountable for supporting physical space management, and the financial systems, policies, and processes of the organization. The specialist trains and supports staff on the organization’s financial systems and policies, and is a liaison with the finance team, providing internal administrative support to this outsourced function. The specialist is also the point of contact for all building-related services. This role reports to the Vice President of Administration and supports the Executive Vice President as required.
- Provide general office support to staff and visitors, including space allocation, maintenance, and equipment requests
- Point person for maintenance, storage, equipment, bills, and errands
- Assists VP Admin in procurement of equipment, furniture, supplies, and other office needs
- Liaise with building management on all facility-related issues
- Coordinate organization electronic and paper records consistent with retention policies; identify and support improvements for systems and processes
- Support VP Admin and EVP with project management and execution
- Responsible for supporting accounts payable system and organization credit card accounts, recording vendor agreements, making cash deposits, fulfilling check requests, and other administrative financial support as needed.
- Provide training and support to staff as point-of-contact on accounting policies and related systems, such as Anybill (A/P) and Concur (company credit cards)
- Liaise with Raffa/Marcum finance team and provide support as needed for ongoing financial management and accounting functions
- Support VP Admin with departmental budget and expense tracking and management
- Support EVP as needed with financial requests and reports