Mayo Aviation is seeking a full-time Pilatus PC-12 Second in Command (SIC), based at Centennial Airport in the beautiful Denver metropolitan area.
If that sounds ideal, you might be a great fit for Mayo Aviation as a Pilatus PC-12 SIC flying Part 91 and Part 135. The time you spend working matters, and you will be highly valued for it.
Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, Mayo Aviation is a national aircraft management, charter service, and maintenance provider. Since 1978, aircraft owners have trusted Mayo Aviation, a Priester Aviation company, to effectively manage their assets and aviation services with industry-leading transparency. Mayo Aviation and Flight for Life Colorado have enjoyed a long-standing relationship serving the people in the Rocky Mountain West for over 41 years. Mayo Aviation is focused on delivering exceptional ownership and travel experience for our clients.
Mayo recognizes that to deliver this experience, we need to build strong relationships with not only the aircraft owner, but also the support personnel including flight crew, maintenance, flight logistics, and others. Mayo Aviation’s pioneering approach to relationship building and transparency has been the foundation for long-term success. This success is seen in safe, efficient aircraft operations and a comfortable work environment.
What you can expect from us:
- Generous base salary: Range $80,000 - $120,000
- A supportive safety culture.
- Ability to be a valued and cared-for team member who is more than a number and whose voice is heard.
- Support for your Professional Development, career growth, and advancement.
- Time to pursue your interests outside of aviation
- Comprehensive benefits, including affordable medical, dental, & vision insurance within the first 30 days; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account; 100% Company-paid Life, Short Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance; 401K plan participation within the first 30 days
- Unlimited Time Off
- Corporate Dash Pass; Free Rocket Lawyer Subscription; and more!
What we will expect from you:
- Completes duties assigned by the Pilot in Command
- Maintains an adequate knowledge of all applicable FAA regulations, Company Flight Operations Manual, Operation Specifications, LOA’s, Flight Manuals, etc.
- Assists the Pilot in Command with planning items relevant to the assigned flight, including weather, routing, aircraft performance and NOTAMS as applicable to the safe conduct of the flight
- Assists the Pilot in Command during all phases of flight in accordance with company procedures
- Monitors all instrumentation and aircraft systems and performs assigned cockpit duties
- Assists the Pilot in Command in completion of all checklists
- Operates the navigational and communications radios as requested, obtains clearances, and relays all instructions to the Pilot in Command
- Monitors the progress of the flight and immediately provides the Pilot in Command information which would assist in the execution of a safe flight
- Is alert for abnormal situations and departures from normal procedures or neglect of any required actions and immediately advises the Pilot in Command so appropriate action can be taken
- Assumes control of the aircraft when necessary to avoid a hazardous situation caused by Pilot in Command inattention or incapacitation
- Ensures that manuals, charts, catering, and other customer specific special items are onboard the aircraft, and that the aircraft is clean
- Conducts a proper preflight inspection in accordance with the procedures in the Aircraft Flight Manual as directed by the Pilot in Command
- Actively participate in the companies Safety Management System and be instrumental with corrective action plans and preventative measures