1. Provides personal care services per client service plan, state/federal rules, regulations and/or standards, such as: maintaining a clean, safe & healthy environment; bed, sponge, tub or shower bathing; shampooing in sink, tub or shower; caring for skin; oral hygiene; assisting with toilet & elimination.
2. Service recipient safety: Applies safety principles and proper body mechanics to the performance of specific techniques or personal and supportive care such as ambulation of clients, transferring clients, positioning and doing household chores.
3. Observes, reports and documents changes and any observed problems in client status and daily living skills. Reports immediately any witnessed or suspected abuse or neglect.
4. Understands basic elements of body functioning and reports changes in client's body functions as indicated.
5. Recognizes emergency situations and implements appropriate emergency procedures per agency protocol that includes emergency transportation, emergency medical care and staff coverage in such events.
6. Follows agency procedures with regard to infection control, handling of hazardous wastes and safety measures. Uses universal health precautions at all times.
7. Attends agency provided in-service programs to fulfill requirements of position and agency policies, as requested.
8. Follows specific written instructions for personal care in accordance with the client's service plan. Assist service recipients with personal hygiene.
9. Applies learned information to job duties.
10. Assists patients with prescribed exercises as instructed per client's service plan.
11. Understands and follows chain of command in relation to job position and supervision.
12. Maintains agency property, supplies and equipment per agency's policy.
13. Utilizes appropriate phone etiquette.
14. Acknowledges others verbally and nonverbally (eye contact, expression, tone of voice) promptly and courteously.
15. Develops cooperation and collaborative work efforts that generally benefit all involved parties.
16. Maintains personal health status requirements in relation to job position.
17. Maintains current personnel file information and provides information to agency in timely manner.
18. Assists with orientation of new personnel, as requested or assigned.
19. Develops work relationships that honor and respect others. Understands and respects service recipient rights.
20. Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure and/or stressful conditions.
21. Notifies the immediate supervisor of any anticipated problems with the posted schedule. Provides as much advance notice or change/problem as is possible.
22. Participates in and adheres to ALL guidelines contained in the company's compliance program.
23. Acknowledges and follows policies and procedures as outlined by the Employee Handbook.
24. Understands and strictly adheres to all confidentiality and privacy policies, including HIPAA and all other company regulations.
25. Completes all required paperwork in an efficient and timely manner. Submits paperwork that is neat and legible, written in dark colored ink.
26. Clocks in and out, as required, for each shift, using the approved method.
27. Willingness to travel occasionally, as required.
28. Other duties may be assigned, as warranted by the job.