Mayo Aviation is growing! We are searching for a motivated individual to fill our Maintenance Technician II role in Wheeling, IL (PWK).
The Maintenance Technician maintains the airframe and engines of aircraft to meet FAA standards. This job involves tasks such as performing routine checks and repairs, inspections, and identifying faults with components of the plane.
Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, Mayo Aviation is a national aircraft management, charter service, and maintenance provider. Since 1978, aircraft owners have trusted Mayo Aviation, a Priester Aviation company, to effectively manage their assets and aviation services with industry-leading transparency. Mayo Aviation and Flight for Life Colorado have enjoyed a long-standing relationship serving the people in the Rocky Mountain West for over 41 years. Mayo Aviation is focused on delivering exceptional ownership and travel experience for our clients.
Mayo recognizes that to deliver this experience, we need to build strong relationships with not only the aircraft owner, but also the support personnel including flight crew, maintenance, flight logistics, and others. Mayo Aviation’s pioneering approach to relationship building and transparency has been the foundation for long-term success. This success is seen in safe, efficient aircraft operations and a comfortable work environment.
What you can expect from us:
- Generous hourly pay: $33 - $40 per hour
- Two technician team at PWK, and plenty of support from headquarters.
- Some irregular working hours and on call requirements
- A supportive safety culture.
- Ability to be a valued and cared-for team member who is more than a number and whose voice is heard.
- Support for your Professional Development, career growth, and advancement.
- Comprehensive benefits, including affordable medical, dental, & vision insurance within the first 30 days; Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account; 100% Company-paid Life, Short Term, and Long-Term Disability Insurance; 401K plan participation within the first 30 days
- Unlimited Time Off
- Corporate Dash Pass; Free Rocket Lawyer Subscription; and more!
What we will expect from you:
- Inspect and examine aircraft components, including de-icing systems, hydraulic systems and landing gear, for leaks, cracks, breaks or other issues
- Read and utilize maintenance manuals, ATA codes, illustrated parts catalogs, service bulletins and other maintenance documents to troubleshoot and complete work assignments
- Perform routine maintenance operations, such as the replacement of power plant and aircraft components
- Complete all tasks in the allotted time frame and to the quality standards of our company, our customers, and the FAA
- Promote safety within the workplace by monitoring others and yourself to guarantee all tasks are performed within the safety manual guidelines and communicate with other mechanics and supervisors to coordinate repairs and keep apprised of safety concerns
- Order supplies, equipment, materials and parts for repairs and general maintenance
- Keep detailed records of the inspections performed, repairs finished, maintenance procedures and ordered parts
- Cooperates with the Safety Management System and be instrumental with corrective action plans and preventative measures
- Performs line service functions as required