Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale, and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said "Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful." Consistently profitable with a talented and stable leadership team, our company is seeking an experienced and creative Area Sales Manager in Seattle to help take our Food Service business to the next level.
What you'll do...
- Lead, motivate, inspire, and develop a talented team of foodservice sales representatives
- Oversee and execute sales strategies to achieve sales and profitability goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers
- Prepare sales budgets and projections
- Track and analyze sales statistics based on key performance metrics
- Ensure your team achieves sales objectives consistent with company volume and profit targets, while modeling the highest level of customer service, teamwork, and integrity
What we look for...
- Bachelors degree in Business or Marketing preferred with 5 to 7 years professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In depth knowledge of, and a track record of successfully selling to Seattle and surrounding area food service customers
- Proven record of success in a leadership role overseeing direct reports
- Passion for meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Advanced understanding of how to recruit, lead and develop teams by building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends and sales patterns, and the ability to design and implement a successful sales strategy
- Planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with technology, including Hubspot, or other CRM software and MS Excel
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- The chance to work at a company committed to creating strong and lasting relationships with our suppliers, employees, and customers
- Competitive salary and incentive plan
- Comprehensive health insurance package including, medical, dental, vision, long term disability, 401(k) and profit-sharing plan as well as paid time off
- All the fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program
If this sounds like your kind of job, wed love to hear from you!