Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful. As a Receiver, you'll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
This position is responsible for all inbound product coming across the dock at PCF. Duties include rotation and supply of all products to all crews (loading) and all movement of product within the facility prior to actual picking of orders for loading. Ability to take direction from multiple supervisors through changing shifts.
What you'll do...
- Enter purchase order information into computer to print manifests and tags
- Properly track paperwork from driver through receipt process
- Properly tag and distribute received product to pick slot and rotation
- Ability to multi task under time sensitive conditions
- Ability to meet productivity requirements while operating in a safe and efficient manner
What we look for...
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Good oral and written communication skills (ability to read and write in English, as is affected by direction and paperwork).
- Good attention to detail and understanding of the structure and operation of the receiving and loading departments.
- Ability to learn and operate computer systems including Produce Pro and portable communications.
- Ability to operate equipment (forklift, floor jack, etc.) safely and professionally.
What you'll gain...
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive salary and regular performance reviews
- Immediate access to earned wages through Daily Pay
- Comprehensive health insurance package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- All the fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program.