Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
Smalley is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we will empower you to push the boundaries of what is possible. We aim to continuously build upon a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion with a continued focus on the human in human capital.
What is in it for you?
From Bags Tournaments to Spirit Days to an Annual Walk for Cancer Awareness, we believe in fostering a fun, collaborative, and diverse work environment that supports one another and our communities.
Teamwork, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Empathy, Commitment, Humility, Communication and Quality.
We currently have an opening on this team for a Entry Level CAD Drafter. They will be responsible for Preparing Smalley drawing packets, completing check and signs, and generating tooling packets/gage drawings to support Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software to generate various standard and special springs and rings drawings according to engineering worksheet requirements and customer specifications
- Performs various data entry and retrievals
- Generates develops and redevelops and discusses requirements related to specifications or design with appropriate departments (Engineering, Quality Control, Customer Service, and Production Control)
- Develops dimension completion
- Updates existing drawings to new specifications as required
- Checks existing drawings against new customer prints
- Generates quote drawings
- Makes engineering changes and updates old drawings to new formats
- Creates and maintains existing vendor sheets
- Enters and deactivates change notifications
- Adds standard notes to drawings
- Generates tooling packet