Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Greenhouse Supervisor who is responsible for daily greenhouse operations and supervising a team of greenhouse assistants in daily tasks while maintaining GAP, GMP, and crop quality practices. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual who is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves, and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. The Greenhouse Supervisor is a direct report to the Plant Manager. The ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Maintain and assign daily tasks for harvests, transplants, cleaning, and crop management.
- Supervise and train greenhouse assistants in daily tasks ensuring efficient pace, sound food safety practices, punctuality, and safety as directed by Plant Manager.
- Complete daily walk-throughs to report on food safety, quality, and crop health, and greenhouse function.
- Create and maintain sage data including assemblies, transfers, adjustments, and inventory.
- Use master crop scheduler to create and maintain weekly and monthly harvest and seeding schedules. Create seed tags on a weekly basis.
- As directed by Grower, collect and record data concerning crop production, nutrition, crop trials, and greenhouse environment.
- In conjunction with Plant Manager and Pack House Supervisor, maintain Greenhouse logs for food safety plan including employment practices and checklists.
- As directed by Grower complete IPM scouting and application. Ensure proper use of all PPE.
- Observe and communicate any maintenance need to Plant Manager.
- Communicate with Plant Manager and Pack House Supervisor to ensure efficient workflow.
- Ensure a safe and happy work environment in the greenhouse.
- Ability to lead by example with a “can do” attitude
- Experience in greenhouse work and/or hydroponics
- Familiarity with ERP and inventory control
- Experience with food safety practices, goals, rules, and regulations
- Great multitasking abilities and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in data collection and recording
- Ability to motivate, inspire and coach hourly workforce
- Problem-solving skills and foresight- capable to identify areas of efficiencies
- Ability to work weekend and holiday coverage will be required on an as-needed basis