The Warehouse Loader will pick and select products, palletize products, and load trailers utilizing material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Drive pallet jack or forklift to picking area and build pallet/load according to load sheet
- Wrap pallet when pallet/load is finished
- Stage pallet and/or load into truck when ready
- Complete partial pallets and put away mixed pallets
- Maintain clean work environment by cleaning while working
- Must be willing and able to be cross trained in different functions of warehouse including but not limited to; Repack, Replenishment, Product Put away, Inventory Counting, and Receiving
- Must follow all Scout processes to ensure work is completed accurately and efficiently
- Communicate with supervisors with any issues or ideas to improve workflow
- Always exhibit professional behavior
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in a warehouse environment (e.g., order selector/picking product storage, product staging, powered pallet jack/forklifts, etc.)
- Driving a forklift (e.g., performing basic operations such as driving forwards, driving backwards, lifting and lowering boom, maneuvering in tight areas without damaging product, etc.)
- Working with racking systems and loading/unloading pallets (e.g., pulling and placing pallets on/off vertical product racking systems and trucks, maximizing storage by stacking products vertically, etc.)
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Great communication skills and cheerful disposition
- Excellent customer service
- Must be able to work well with others
- Ability to read code dates proficiently
- Standard shift is Sunday through Thursday, 2pm to 10pm.
- Must be able to work holidays
- Must have reliable transportation
- Forklift certification preferred
- Previous beverage industry/warehouse experience helpful, but not necessary
While performing the duties of this job, warehouse workers frequently:
- Stand, walk, bend, squat, twist reach with hands and arms
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 175 pounds in multi-temperature environments ranging from 32F to 100F
Scout Distribution is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.