Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience developing digital marketing strategies for large, international organizations
- Experience managing staff and teams
- Experience developing and publishing web and social media content
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A proven track record of building an audience and driving online engagement
- Experience with building brand awareness and issue impact through digital advertising and audience development methods (e.g., social media, SEO, driving engagement) and strong experience with best practices
- Outstanding project management and analytical skills, including the use of metrics to guide projects and decisions. Effective at supporting creative and working together with Marcomms to deliver clear and constructive feedback to the team
- Financial management skills, including budgeting and forecasting
- The ability to write effective marketing copy for online and offline environments
- Experience hiring and managing a successful marketing team
- Ability to collect and analyze information to problem-solve and make marketing decisions
- Diplomatic, innovative, and creative when resolving non-routine matters that impact the achievement of organizational goals and objectives
- Strong emotional intelligence skills with the ability to resolve problems, manage projects, and implement appropriate solutions
Education and Experience
- BA/BS required and at least 10 years relevant experience, or MA/MS and 8 years relevant experience working cross-functionally, with creative, marketing, and communications teams preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Adobe, and analytics software
- Prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing at a desk and working on a computer
Travel Requirements, Weeknight or Weekend Work
- Some travel is required, 10-15%
- Some weeknights or weekend is required, as needed
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS/ ACCOMMODATIONS
All applications must be completed online as a PDF document through our application portal, and we do not accept submissions via email. Due to a high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We do not sponsor candidates seeking visa support.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, or if you require accommodations during the application process, please email email@example.com Please review our Frequently-Asked-Questions (FAQ) section for additional information on our hiring process.
OUR EEO STATEMENT
Amnesty International USA is an equal opportunity employer. AIUSA encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities, protected veterans, and formerly incarcerated individuals are all strongly encouraged to apply.
We recognize the valuable skills that can be gained through internships, fellowships, volunteer work, and non-traditional work experience. This experience helps build competencies and knowledge that may translate to our job openings. We seek a diversity of experience and skills for our workplace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our openings.
OUR COMMITMENT AS AN ANTI-RACIST ORGANIZATION AND TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND ACCESSIBILITY (IDEA)
Dismantling white supremacy is central to the fight for human rights in the United States and around the world. As we mobilize staff and activists and work with partners to help transform the multiple systems where oppression operates in the world around us as part of our human rights mandate, anti-racism must be integral to our work. To learn more about how we integrate IDEA into our programs and workplace, visit: https://www.amnestyusa.org/about-us/idea/
REMOTE AND HYBRID WORKPLACE POLICY
Because the health and safety of our employees and candidates are a top priority, we are currently conducting our hiring process virtually. Please review the job description, which will state whether a role is hybrid and remote. Some roles may require travel domestically and/or internationally.