Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Location: 10 Oak Park Drive, Bedford MA / 170 Lexington Road, Billerica MA
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4 pm
Supervisor: Director of Technology
The IT Support Specialist will use their skillset to ensure that hardware, network, and software systems are implemented and supported effectively throughout the organization. The organization is predominantly Windows based with Chromebooks, iPads, and Android tablets for our students. We utilize both Microsoft Office and Google Workspace for productivity software.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact for user support within the organization
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to service requests received through our Freshdesk portal
- Escalate service requests and assign to appropriate team members
- Establish accounts for new users and assist with password or login problems
- Provide minor telecom system support including mobile devices, voicemail, and desk phones
- Repair and replace equipment as necessary
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications
- Maintain and update technical documentation regarding network diagrams, IT asset lists
- Following NLG’s emergency procedures (administering SOLVE strategies, First Aid or CPR), whenever needed
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of all students within NLG
- Attendance at the following:
- Staff Meetings: All staff members are required to attend any mandatory staff meetings as scheduled
- Trainings: Completion of any mandatory trainings as assigned
- Maintenance of the following certifications:
- CPR & First Aid
- The initial and renewal trainings are provided by NLG. The initial training occurs during the Orientation week. Renewal trainings are communicated by NLG’s Nursing Department as necessary.
- The initial and renewal trainings are provided by NLG. The initial 16-20 hour training occurs within the first 3 months of employment. Staff members are expected to participate in an annual 1.5 hour refresher course to be scheduled via Paycom.
- Any other certifications/licenses as required per the position qualifications
Please note: The essential functions listed in this section are not limited only to the tasks listed and may include other duties as assigned.
Supervision and Performance Assessment:
- Nashoba Learning Group adheres to the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis in its management of employees as well as in its teaching of children. Performance requirements are clearly specified, performance is measured frequently, feedback is given immediately, and mastery of particular skills allows access to higher-level skills. Reinforcement is tied to performance in the form of pay, professional development opportunities, and recognition.
- This position will be evaluated/assessed annually by the Directory of Technology on general performance, cooperation, and teamwork.