The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
We are seeking to fill a senior data analyst position in the COVID Epidemiology and Data Unit who will provide targeted data management and analytic support when it comes to investigations of COVID-19 exposures that occur in a facility such as Child Care, Camp, Schools, Universities, House of Worship setting (i.e. Church, Synagogue, Mosque, Temple), Private Gathering, Restaurant/Bar, Work site outside the home, or other event. It is expected that the analyst will work up to 35 hours per week.
- In collaboration with other senior epidemiologists, support the oversight and management of the COVID Epidemiology and Data Unit’s Facility Notifications team
- Oversee facility data and referral processing and data management of cluster investigations to ensure that activities are conducted according to applicable Facility Notifications protocols, policies, and procedures
- Lead a team of analysts who manage, analyze, and perform QA on data related to COVID-19 exposures that occur in facilities
- Produce data analyses, reports, and visualizations to support decision-making for COVID surveillance, outbreak, and response activities
- Provide leadership with ongoing feedback on protocols, data collection instruments and systems to enhance their effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensure proper and complete documentation of code and interpretation guides for all datasets or reports produced
- Assist with onboarding and training of new data analysts as requested
Participate in cluster and outbreak investigations, as needed