Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven and hardworking individuals to fill positions as Packhouse Production Assistants. Packhouse Production Assistant positions are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and are accustomed to manual labor-intensive jobs. Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assisting in the harvesting and packing of leafy vegetables and herbs
- Inspecting produce, arranging leaves, and preparing produce, for boxing, and proper cleaning & sanitation methods
- Cleaning and Sanitation of Packhouse, Greenhouse, and Channel Washing
- Assisting in loading products onto U-boats/pallets and loading them onto our trucks
- Assisting in in the loading and unloading of Greenhouse and Packhouse supplies and materials
- Handle leaves , look for bugs, and proper cleaning & sanitation methods
- Ensure proper hand washing and use of gloves, aprons, and hair nets.
- Ensure PH Packers maintain clean clothes, personal hygiene and good health (e.g. no coughing, etc.)
- Packers adherence to the Packhouse dress code and packing regulations, (e.g. no earphones, no hoods, footwear specifications, no food, drinks, etc.)
- Ensure clean work areas, bins, trays, scales, tables. No mobile phones or food on packing tables.
- Ensure that soiled or dropped leaves are not packed
- Ensure coolers are clean and temperatures are stable
- Inspect and weigh produce; discard leaves as necessary; ensure no bugs, damaged leaves, tip burned leaves or leaved dropped on floor enter package
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour shift
- Must be comfortable working in summer heat conditions and air-conditioned rooms
- Must be able to work at a steady pace and must be detailed oriented
- Must have a reliable form of transportation, train, bus, car, Etc.
- Open availability to work various work schedules including weekends if needed
- Must be authorized to work in the US
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation for sustainable agriculture and food
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company’s next phase of growth.