The New York law office of Norris McLaughlin has an immediate need for a full-time Real Estate Legal Assistant with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with Landlord/Tenant matters.
- Review and analyze cooperative apartment applications; order and review lien searches and title reports; prepare closing documents and post-closing statements; maintain closing calendar.
- Prepare and file New York City and State Real Property transfer tax returns (ACRIS).
- Provide administrative support to attorney(s) including, typing correspondence, reports, memoranda and/or other documents
- Maintain case calendar and monitor deadlines using docketing system
- Perform additional office support duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years+ real estate experience required.
- Law firm experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication and organization skills required for substantial interaction with clients.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload independently and meet all deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel); Knowledge of document management systems helpful
The salary range for this position is $60L - $65K commensurate on experience.