The Program Manager and Research Associate will be primarily responsible for project management of APAs Research Colloquium for Junior Psychiatrist Investigator, a 1-year research mentorship and training program for early career psychiatrists, including program planning, maintenance of the Colloquium Online Community, and assistance in grant writing to secure funding for the program. In addition, the incumbent will work on other Division of Research projects including data analyses to support the evaluation of APA Foundations prevention programs, analyses of data to address cross-division/leadership requests, analyses to support DSM revisions, and grant writing to secure funding for the scaling of various division initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The APA Research Colloquium for Junior Psychiatrist Investigators has expanded from a 1-day event into 1-year research mentorship and training program. The Program Manager/Research Associate will oversee the program management of the 1-year program.
- Coordinate the update of the yearly application process for the Colloquium
- Oversee outreach (national and international) efforts to promote the Colloquium especially efforts to reach ECPs at under-resourced institutions.
- Oversee the application process including answering queries from potential applicants, compiling the application packages, distributing the packages to the reviewers and developing correspondence to notify applicants of the outcome.
- Coordinate all in-person and online mentorship meetings and research trainings over the year.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners as it pertains to the procurement of senior research mentors and methodology/statistical mentors for the program.
- Survey past Colloquium participants biannually to develop manuscripts to support and promote the program.
- Identify strategic opportunities for funding of the Colloquium and work on the development and writing of research grant application to the identified funding sources
- Develop the yearly reports to our funders (i.e., NIDA, ACNP, SOBP, MTEC)
- Lead the analyses and report writing for select Division projects (e.g., evaluation of APAF prevention programs, research based on requests from leadership or other APA components/divisions, and scaling of current initiatives such as implementation of suicide risk assessment and safety planning protocols across behavioral health settings).
- Work with Director of Research to devise research designs, methods, and implementation plans for evaluation studies for select APAF prevention programs
- Work on formulating and implementing analytic plans for various projects in the incumbents portfolio (e.g., spatial analytic techniques)
- Work with Director of Research to write and report study findings to important stakeholders
- Coordinate and facilitate the dissemination of key study findings (e.g., plan symposia)
- Work with the Division of Researchs Senior Data Analyst to run analyses using SAS/SUDAAN and other software as appropriate
- Geocoding, spatial mapping, and analyses
- Staff Liaison for at least one of APAs Components (e.g., Committee on Psychiatric Dimensions of Disaster)