We're seeking a Bike Manager to lead our Kerr Bikes team! Kerr Bikes provides the public with seasonal bike rental services at our Portland Waterfront and OMSI locations. As our Bike Manager, you'll be responsible managing all aspects to the rental business from hiring and scheduling staff, to keeping the fleet up to date to responding to customer requests, opening and closing the store, marketing and working with PBOT as our Adaptive Bikes liaison. Learn more about Kerr Bikes here.
Join our team, get a $2,000 sign-on bonus!
This is a full-time position that will average 40 hours per week. Weekly hours will be significantly higher during the spring, summer and fall months and lower during the winter months. Shifts include weekend and evening hours. This is a bonus eligible position.
Albertina Kerr strengthens Oregon families and communities by helping children and adults with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges - empowering them to live richer lives.
All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to beginning work.
- Hire, train, and manage Kerr Bikes' staff, often working with people under 18 and client workers from Albertina Kerr
- Plot direction of Kerr Bikes and Adaptive Biketown
- Coordinate with PBOT officials for Adaptive Biketown customer interaction and tracking
- Handle reservations, scheduling, and accommodations by phone and email
- Track, create, order, and purchase retail sales items for the business
- Track sales and shop inventory, and manage bank deposits
- Develop and implement marketing plans with support from Kerr’s Development team
- Provide shift coverage when needed
- Schedule facility improvements and work with IT to ensure equipment operates efficiently and reliably, as appropriate
- Staff and support events including tabling and promotional events
- Maintain shop information, literature, and training material
- Maintain a fleet of over 110 bicycles, including specialty bikes, adaptive bikes, and regular bikes along with supplemental adaptive equipment
- Order parts and track inventory
- Train employees on proper maintenance of the equipment
- Repair equipment as requested by customers
- Work with program managers and support staff for client volunteer and recreation program
- Work with support staff and social service professionals to support client employees