The Sr. Director of Housing oversees the departments of Permanent Supportive Housing and Community Based Housing, which serve homeless women at multiple permanent supportive housing sites and throughout Los Angeles County. The Sr. Director of Housing will oversee trauma informed, housing first programs that focus on the needs of veterans, frequent utilizers of hospital settings, and survivors of domestic violence. The ideal candidate would be a demonstrated strengths-based supportive leader, with supervisory and contract management experience, who is knowledgeable about housing programs, and has an understanding of issues facing homeless women. This position reports directly to the and supervises a department of specialized housing professionals.
- Provide strengths based support to a team of housing professionals
- Oversee program management and delivery of services for DWCs housing programs
- Oversee administration of government and privately funded housing program contracts and subcontracts
- Oversee continuous implementation of Critical Time Intervention, through a whatever it takes approach to housing case management
- Oversee the program development and administration of .
- Oversee the implementation and administration of DWCs Recovery Rehousing Program.
- Oversee DWCs aging in place work and the incorporation of specialized medical and mental health staff (e.g. nurse and occupational therapist) and aging in place evidence based practices (e.g. A Matter of Balance and CAPABLE)
- Partner with developers to be the service provider for additional permanent supportive housing facilities and oversee services component of applications
- Develop and implements policies and procedures, to support housing programs
- Ensure quality assurance, program evaluation, and audit preparation
- Ensure proper training and onboarding of staff
- Oversee hiring for the Permanent Supportive Housing and Community Based Housing departments
- Participate as a member of the Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team, and develop and implement PQI goals for housing programs
- Provide weekly individual supervision and participate in weekly clinical supervision
- Ensure that peer chart reviews are being conducted on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that staff are receiving comprehensive onboarding, training, and regular professional development
- Participate in and facilitate internal and external meetings and trainings
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, participate in community meetings pertaining to services benefitting clients, and serve as a representative of DWC at community events, gatherings, and conferences
- Develop and manage grant and departmental budgets
- Assist with funding applications
- Complete reports for internal tracking, Board of Directors, and funders
- Provide culturally responsive leadership and innovation within Housing programs
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Budget and Contract Management
- Supervisory Experience and Team Building
- Problem Solving
- Cultural humility
The Sr. Director of Housing supervises management, direct service, and administrative staff.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment, with occasional attendance at offsite meetings, and field support for staff as needed. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear (e.g., publically speak and listen to others). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (e.g., ability to see a computer screen) and ability to adjust focus. The role requires verbal crisis intervention, which may involve the ability to quickly move from an office to another location to help resolve the matter. Job requires the ability to lift up to 20 lbs, including files, open filing cabinets, bending, and standing on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Occasional transportation of clients may occur. Travel for conferences and trainings may occur. Travel for local meetings is required.